Friday, September 19, 2014

Grouse Hunting Fun

(Don't mind the fingers haha it was a joke to my other uncle that couldn't come)






Every year after summertime comes the best part of the year in my perspective. The temperature cools down to a nice 50 or 60 degrees and the leaves start to change. Also it is the beginning of football season. But the best part of fall is the beginning of the bird hunting and deer hunting season. One of the best feelings is driving up north to the cabin to hunt. When you step out of the truck, after arriving at a trail that you feel will have grouse down it, then you grab your gun and slide a few shells into it. Finally you start on down the trail with high hopes of seeing a bird after waiting about 8 months.
It is kind of startling the first time you jump a bird in the beginning of the season because you have all this excitement built up in the off season. After you get a couple birds you head on back to the cabin to clean them. Then you start a fire, have a couple beers, and joke around with your relatives and just relax. I love grouse hunting because it is just a chance to get away from reality for a couple weekends out of the year and step out into the woods to have some fun with your friends and family. In my opinion I would rather be at the cabin or out in the woods instead of sitting at home watching TV.    

6 comments:

  1. Your use of specific detail really pulls readers in; we feel like we're part of this experience with you. One tip: instead of writing this with the second-person "you," it would make more sense to write it using "I" since it's about your personal experience and view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jocelyn, your detailing reeled me into the post! How long have you been going to this cabin to hunt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been going to this cabin for about 8 years now.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love grouse hunting, but am not all that great on account I'm pretty color blind. I'll get within kicking distance of some before I am able to pick them out from the background, their camouflage is just amazing. It also doesn't help that they can stand as still as statues and won't move until they are within kicking distance. It feels like a huge accomplishment when I can actually get one though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you described this with so much detail! My dad and my little sister going hunting all the time and I love hearing their stories. I don't hunt myself just because I don't have the patience. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of my best memories come from times spent at my aunt's house during hunting season. I don't have my permit but I'd sit out in the stands with my family members, I was even there when my cousin shot a deer. That was pretty exciting! I love that you can see your love of hunting and spending time with your family in your words. Also, the experience. You can tell you've done this many, many times. Great job!

    ReplyDelete